Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Being Mum

Bismillah AlRahman AlRaheem

It has been a struggle for me this year. Honestly, I don't know if it is me alone on this, but it feels like being a mother with small children makes it a hard to get the most of the month of Ramadan. 

Alhamdulilah, the spirit of the month is uplifting, but to maintain the focus of ibadah and to get enough rest after looking after the house, the children and then to cook meals for the family is a real challenge for me (particulary with a teething 10 month old).

 Alhamdulilah. Alhamdulilah. Alhamdulilah.

May Allah make it easy on all Mothers, may God give them the patience to enjoy this blessed month to its fullest. May He, the Knower of all things, give bountiful blessings to all those fasting whilst caring for the young, the old and those incapable of looking after themselves.


Oh Allah, forgive my weaknesses and neglectfulness, please grant me the wisdom and time to always be thankful for what You have given me.

I would love some feedback on how other Mothers (or fathers) feel about this. Pretty please?

Peace and Love,
Erin













 

No comments:

Post a Comment